Big Brother, Busy Bee : Achulde

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Chweety pie : Mommolde

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Bhakti Margam


Nowadays Bhakti is the flavour of the season and the TV channels are loaded with Bhakti serials, atleast the malayalam channels. My Achan was an ardent fan of Swamy Ayyappan which ran for almost 2 yrs and , when they started running short of original stories on the diety, they introduced stories on experiences of Devotees and in no time, it got so boring that even Achan gave up after sometime. But even now I see a torrent of such serials like Devi Mahatmyam, Krishna Guruvayurppa, etc etc.Since Achulde and Mommolde play with the remote quite often, the TV would be running in the background, most of the evenings in our home though no one would be watching as such. One such day, it was showing a story on the Goddess killing an Asura and most of us sitting in the family room were passive viewers. The Asura entered the scene,the make up was intended to be scary, the blackpaint on the face, the Jada , the big moustache etc, he was doing the roaring laughter coninuously for 5 mts on entry, the tyical demon laughter and I was beginning to wonder whether Achulde would appreciate this act at all. I didnt want my child to have a disturbed sleep and was abt to reach out for the remote to turn it off, when the monster on TV decided to do the Attahaasam once more and immediately from behind my chair , I hear a meek 'return' ' Hee haa haa haa'. That was Achulde standing there and imitating the Asura's laugh. He was enjoying the show. Apparently, he had not even realised that , it was something that was designed to scare the viewers!!! He was enjoying it thoroughly thinking its a joke :)

4 comments:

UL said...

Meera went through a phase when she wasn't scared of anything, she rarely watches tv, we limit her tv to cartoons usually, but these days I noticed that she is scared of even a bad character in a cartoon...I dont know if it is just a phase - I really hope so, I dont want her growing up afraid...

Munch said...

lets hope so. Do you scare her , when she doesnt listen to you or so? I think I know the answer already ;)

UL said...

virattarundu chilappol, ennalum, pedipikkarilla, enthe angane chodikkan?

Munch said...

I do pedippikufy some of the times, I just can't control that, but I am almost sure that you wouldn't do such a thing. Just wanted to know, if I have company, nevertheless :)